Who we are:
The Lullabar is a wellness cafe and nail salon that offers temporary childcare for those needing it.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
Our priority at The Lullabar is to ensure our customers, who include caregivers, feel welcomed and at home in our space. We are looking for experienced baristas who feel passionate and aligned with our mission to create a safe space of community and rest.
As we are a new company, we are looking for a barista who can be flexible as we fine-tune our procedures and can pivot quickly. Additionally, we are looking for a barista who is willing to pitch in when needed to ensure our customers get the best experience.
This position will report to our lead barista and owners.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
- Welcome customers & develop relationships: Warmly greet and present the coffee drink menu, answering any questions. Strive to create a positive relationship with customers consistently. Introduce yourself, get to know our customer’s names, their children’s names, and what excites them to be at The Lullabar. Must maintain a friendly demeanor at all times, with no exceptions.
- Prepare coffee and matcha drinks: Prepare and sell coffee drinks by following prescribed recipes and preparation techniques for matcha and espresso-based drinks.
- Maintains inventories: Keep track of inventory; replenish coffee bean supply; stock coffee brewing equipment; maintain supplies, pastries, and snacks for coffee bar.
- Equipment maintenance: Keep equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Maintain a clean environment: Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following organization standards and sanitation regulations. Duties include: consistently wiping tables throughout the day, sweeping the entire indoor/outdoor cafe space, assist front desk in mopping bathrooms and other necessary tasks to maintain a clean atmosphere.
- Follow opening & closing procedures: Must adhere to our opening and closing procedures throughout the day, which are subject to change as we continue to grow and evolve. Assist team members if needed.
- Integrate mission and values in daily performance: Ensure that our mission, vision, objective, and values are reflected in our daily operations and team management.
- Ensure procedures run effectively: Assist owners with maintaining and improving cafe operations.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Prioritize Effectively: Adjust priorities as necessary.
- Emotional Intelligence: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Effective Communication: Talking to others to convey information effectively and empathetically.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- The barista role requires 2-3 years of previous experience at a busy café.
- Starting hourly rate begins at $17 per hour with opportunities for an increase in the hourly rate.
- This is a part-time position—a minimum of 20 hours a week.
- Must be willing to work opening shifts and weekend shifts, with occasional overtime.