The Lullabar is a wellness cafe for moms and caregivers to receive self-care services while the little ones are safely entertained in our play gym.
We are seeking an Operations Manager for our flagship location opening in mid-February/March 2023 at The Beacon La Costa in Carlsbad.
Job summary and responsibilities:
Our priority at The Lullabar is to ensure moms and caregivers feel welcome and at home in our space. We are looking for an operations manager who feels passionate and aligned with our mission to create a safe space of community and rest.
Duties and responsibilities include: Ensuring all online bookings for the play gym and self-care rooms run smoothly. Ensure cafe and overall operations are carried out in an appropriate, cost-effective way. Continuously improving operational management systems, tools, processes, and best practices. Manage team and scheduling.
This position will have a front desk/admin assistant reporting to them.
- Integrate mission and values in daily performance: Ensure that our mission, vision, objective and values are reflected in our daily operations and team management.
- Exercise servant leadership: Execute a leadership style that aims to achieve authority rather than power.
- Ensure daily operations run smoothly: Ensure all staff scheduling and customer online bookings for the play gym and self-care rooms run smoothly. Ensure cafe and overall operations are carried out in an appropriate, cost-effective way. Assist in creating and maintaining statement
of procedures (SOPs).
- Manage staff (with empathy): Encourage and maintain an empathetic workplace for all employees. Recruit, train and supervise staff in accordance with our statement of procedures.
- Manage and direct employees to fine-tune their performance and contribution. Schedule their work and activities, give instructions, motivate, and direct the workers to meet the company objectives.
- Inventory management: Purchase products and materials for beauty room, retail and cafe, plan inventory.
- Build and maintain key relationships: Strive to reach the most beneficial relationships for The Lullabar. May involve building relationships with suppliers and customers, as well as ensuring products and offerings are profitable and affordable for our customers.
- Hire new employees: Assist Co-CEOs in hiring new personnel as well as assist in HR and payroll procedures. Make staffing decisions and delegating appropriately.
- Create a work atmosphere of continuous improvement: Knowledge of work with management practices such as continuous improvement, preventive maintenance. Pay attention to problem solving and teamwork principles.
- Ensure lawful business operations: Knowledge of compliance with legislation in the daily operations of our company.
- Maintain customer happiness: Find ways to maintain and increase quality of customer service.
You will be the main point of contact for any dissatisfied customer and must work actively in resolving any issue.
- Assist in event planning and coordination: Help coordinate with outside vendors in workshops, events and pop-ups.
- Ensure cleanliness: Maintaining the cleanliness of The Lullabar is a top priority and must be executed by every team member throughout the day.
- This position reports to our Co-CEOs
Strengths we look for in a candidate:
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Prioritize Effectively: Adjusting priorities as necessary.
- Emotional Intelligence: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Effective Communication: Talking to others to convey information effectively and empathetically.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Conflict Resolution: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Active Learning: Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- The operations management role requires 3-5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
- Must have experience working at or operating a cafe. *No exceptions*
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience training staff and overseeing the processes, policies and procedures of your organization.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in financial reporting using QuickBooks and/or POS system.
- Project management: Understand project management and the activities which comprise this area. Know the variables implied in project management such as time, resources, requirements, deadlines, and responding to unexpected events.
- Human resource management: The function in an organization concerned with the recruitment of employees and the optimization of employee performance.
- Financial Reporting: Report on daily, weekly, and monthly financial activities to Co-CEOs and stakeholders.
A day at The Lullabar may look like…
- Review financial statements, sales or activity reports, or other performance data to measure productivity or goal achievement or to identify areas needing cost reduction or program improvement.
- Direct administrative duties and responsibilities to the front desk/admin assistant.
- Prepare staff work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Monitor suppliers to ensure that they efficiently and effectively provide needed goods or services within budgetary limits.
- Establish or implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, or procedures in conjunction with staff.
- Perform personnel functions, such as selection, training, or evaluation.
- Ensure daily operations are running smoothly.
- Starting salary begins at $62K per year, with health insurance included.
- This is a full-time position with the option of working part-time remotely.
- We are flexible on the days that you work if you work full-time, 40 hours a week.
- Ability to work some weekend shifts, to work overtime as needed, and to respond to urgent issues at the store when they arise.