Who we are:
The Lullabar is a wellness cafe for moms and caregivers to receive self-care services while the little ones are safely entertained in our play gym.
Our first location will be opening in February/March 2023 at The Beacon La Costa in Carlsbad.
Our number one priority at The Lullabar is to ensure moms and caregivers feel welcome and at home in our space. We are looking for nail technicians who feel passionate and aligned with our mission to create a safe space of community and rest.
This position will report to our Operations Manager.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
We are looking to hire detail-orientated nail technicians to provide clients with high-quality manicures, pedicures, and nail treatments. The nail technician’s responsibilities include welcoming and greeting clients, ordering new nail supplies as needed, and answering clients’ nail-related questions. You should also be able to build and maintain relationships with clients to encourage repeat nail appointments.
To be successful as a nail technician, you should maintain high standards of cleanliness and sanitation at all times. Ultimately, an outstanding nail technician should be able to keep abreast of the latest nail products, trends, and techniques to ensure that clients are satisfied with the services provided.
- Provide high-quality manicures and pedicures: Provide high-quality manicures and pedicures, which include removing old nail polish from fingernails and toenails, cleaning nails, shaping the ends of nails, pushing back cuticles, and applying new polish based on clients’ preferences. Apply artificial nails. Recommend various nail designs and nail art to clients.
- Nail care and treatment: Evaluate the condition of clients’ nails and advise them on proper nail care and suitable nail care treatments.
- Inventory management: Ensure that nail and massage supplies are adequately stocked.
- Reflexology chair massages: Provide quality hand and foot reflexology chair massages.
- Ensure cleanliness: Sanitize all nail instruments and equipment before each use. Ensure that workstations are kept clean and orderly. Maintain the cleanliness of the beauty room throughout the day.
- Build and maintain key relationships: Strive to create a positive repour with clients. Good bedside manners are very important and are key to our brand. No exceptions.
- Integrate mission and values in daily performance: Ensure that our mission, vision, objective, and values are reflected in our daily operations and team management.
- Maintain customer happiness: Find opportunities to maintain and increase the quality of customer service. Exude warmth and trust in communication with clients.
- Must have an up-to-date state manicurist/cosmetologist license.
- In-depth knowledge of manicure and pedicure techniques.
- Detail-orientated and patient.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Strengths we look for in a candidate…
- Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning: Consistently stay up-to-date on new nail design trends.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Prioritize Effectively: Adjust priorities as necessary.
- Emotional Intelligence: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Effective Communication: Talking to others to convey information effectively and empathetically.
A day at The Lullabar may look like…
- Review online bookings and profiles for the day with the front desk attendant.
- Report administrative duties and responsibilities to the operations manager and front desk/admin assistant.
- Welcome and check-in clients to the beauty room following our opening/closing procedures and safety protocols.
- Provide high-quality manicures and pedicures, along with reflexology chair massages.
- Sanitize all equipment and maintain cleanliness throughout the day.
- This position is part-time with an hourly rate of $18 – $20 per hour plus tips.
- This position could become full-time for the right candidate.
- Ability to work weekend shifts, with occasional overtime at the beginning of our opening.