Who we are:
The Lullabar is a wellness cafe for moms and caregivers to receive self-care services while the little ones are safely entertained in our play gym.
Our first location will be opening in February/March 2023 at The Beacon La Costa in Carlsbad.
Our number one priority at The Lullabar is to ensure moms and caregivers feel welcome and at home in our space. We are looking for a lead nail technician who feels passionate and aligned with our mission to create a safe space of community and rest.
This position will report to our Operations Manager.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
We are looking to hire a detail-orientated lead nail technician who can lead our team in providing clients with high-quality manicures, pedicures, and nail treatments. Additionally, the lead nail tech will lead in training, creating innovative looks, and implementing and maintaining processes, protocols, and procedures.
- Ensure the team follows processes, protocols, and procedures: Lead the team in adhering to protocols.
- Provide high-quality manicures and pedicures: Provide high-quality manicures and pedicures, which include removing old nail polish from fingernails and toenails, cleaning nails, shaping the ends of nails, pushing back cuticles, and applying new polish based on clients’ preferences.
- Apply artificial nails. Recommend various nail designs and nail art to clients.
- Nail care and treatment: Evaluate the condition of clients’ nails and advise them on proper nail care and suitable nail care treatments.
- Inventory management: Ensure that nail and massage supplies are adequately stocked.
- Reflexology chair massages: Provide quality hand and foot reflexology chair massages.
- Ensure cleanliness: Sanitize all nail instruments and equipment before each use. Ensure that workstations are kept clean and orderly. Maintain the cleanliness of the beauty room throughout the day.
- Build and maintain key relationships: Strive to create a positive repour with clients. Good bedside manners are very important and are key to our brand. No exceptions.
- Integrate mission and values in daily performance: Ensure that our mission, vision, objective, and values are reflected in our daily operations and team management.
- Ensure beauty room run smoothly: Ensuring all online bookings for the beauty room run smoothly. Assist in creating and maintaining statement of procedures (SOPs) with our operations manager.
- Manage check-ins: Welcome all clients following our handbook and statement of procedures (SOPs). Must follow safety protocols for each check-in and check-out.
- Ensure procedures run effectively: Assist operations manager in maintaining and improving operations of the beauty room.
- Maintain customer happiness: Find opportunities to maintain and increase the quality of customer service. Exude warmth and trust in communication with clients.
- The lead nail technician role requires 1-2 years of proven experience working as a nail technician.
- Must have up-to-date state manicurist/cosmetologist license in the state of California.
- In-depth knowledge of manicure and pedicure techniques.
- Detail-orientated and patient.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Strengths we look for in a candidate…
- Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Active Learning: Consistently stay up-to-date on new nail design trends.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Prioritize Effectively: Adjust priorities as necessary.
- Emotional Intelligence: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Effective Communication: Talking to others to convey information effectively and empathetically.
A day at The Lullabar may look like…
- Review online bookings and profiles for the day with the front desk attendant.
- Report administrative duties and responsibilities to the operations manager and front desk/admin assistant.
- Welcome and check-in clients to the beauty room following our opening/closing procedures and safety protocols.
- Provide high-quality manicures and pedicures, along with reflexology chair massages.
- Record and report any workflow issues, dysfunctions, or accidents that happened throughout the day to the operations manager.
- Sanitize all equipment and maintain cleanliness throughout the day.
- This position is an hourly rate of $20 – $22 per hour plus tips.
- This is a part-time position that may transition to full-time for the right candidate.
- Ability to work weekend shifts, with occasional overtime at the beginning of our opening.