Who we are:
The Lullabar is a wellness cafe for moms and caregivers to receive self-care services while the little ones are safely entertained in our play gym.
Our first location will be opening in mid-April/early May 2023 at The Beacon La Costa in Carlsbad.
Our number one priority at The Lullabar is to ensure moms and caregivers feel welcome and at home in our space. We are looking for a part-time front desk receptionist/administrative assistant who feels passionate and aligned with our mission to create a safe space of community and self-care.
This position will report to our Operations Manager.
Job Summary and Responsibilities:
We are looking to hire a detail-orientated front desk receptionist/administrative assistant who can assist our team in providing clients with high-quality self-care services at The Lullabar.
- Maintain presentation: Keep the front desk and retail section nearby tidy and presentable at all times.
- Greet and direct guests: Welcome guests as they approach the front desk, following our handbook and statement of procedures (SOPs). Must have a warm and friendly demeanor. No exceptions. Assist in directing them toward the cafe and/or appointment rooms.
- Be a helpful resource: Answer questions and address complaints.
- Build and maintain key relationships: Strive to create a positive repour with clients. Remember their names, and greet their children.
- Answer all incoming calls/emails: Respond to all incoming phone calls, voicemails and emails. Take messages.
- Manage mail: Receive letters, packages, etc., and distribute them. Prepare outgoing mail by drafting correspondence, securing parcels, etc.
- Assist Operations Manager: Handle administrative requests and queries from the Operations Manager. Take up other duties as assigned (travel arrangements, schedules, etc.). Plan meetings and take detailed minutes.
- Ensure bathrooms are clean and tidy: Assist the team in maintaining the cleanliness of the bathrooms.
- Open and close the store: Assist the Operations Manager and Senior team with opening and closing the store.
- Integrate mission and values in daily performance: Ensure that our mission, vision, objective, and values are reflected in our daily operations and team management.
- Maintain customer happiness: Find opportunities to maintain and increase the quality of customer service, especially if a customer is upset or discontent with our services/experience. Exude warmth and trust in communication with clients.
- This role requires 1-3 years of proven experience working as a front desk receptionist.
- Must live close to Carlsbad, or within 20 minutes drive.
- Detail-orientated and patient.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Strengths we look for in a candidate…
- Time Management: Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Organized: Must take pride in one’s own organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent grammar skills: Must be willing to submit a sample of written work in order to secure this position. No exceptions.
- Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Prioritize Effectively: Adjust priorities as necessary.
- Emotional Intelligence: Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Effective Communication: Talking to others to convey information effectively and empathetically.
A day at The Lullabar may look like…
- Review online bookings and profiles for the day with the team.
- Ensure all departments are up and running prior to opening. Assist team members, if necessary.
- Welcome and check-in clients to The Lullabar.
- Record and report any workflow issues, dysfunctions, or accidents that happened throughout the day to the operations manager.
- Close store.
- This position is an hourly rate of $20 per hour.
- This is a part-time position that may transition to full-time for the right candidate. We will be hiring 3 part-time candidates for this position.
- Ability to work weekend shifts, with occasional overtime at the beginning of our opening.
Job Type: Part Time
Job Location: Carlsbad